Return from Truckhaven turkey day 07 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Truckhaven turkey day 07

Turns out that tranny shop is the best in the Portland area and the owner has a 350 of his own and frequently tows his 14,000 lb fifth wheel and knows exactly how to rebuild them to last.
That's good news. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad you finally made it home safely. And thanks again for letting me drive the explorer.

Glad you finally made it home safely. And thanks again for letting me drive the explorer.

No problem. Glad you had fun.

I will try to get some time on the computer tonight to resize and upload all my pics and I'll also post the videos. I haven't done $h!t since I got home. The Ex is still on the trailer and the trailer is still connected to my brother-in-law's truck. The tiki has been delivered though;)

Here are my pics.

Truckhaven Thanksgiving 2007

The F-350 is getting a new tranny. Turns out the place I dropped it off at in the middle of the night, the owner has the same truck as me and he is rebuilding the tranny as strong as an ATS or Suncoast for about the same price. Only difference is I don't have to do the labor and it has a good warranty too.:thumbsup: I should be able to pick her up on Saturday:D

Here's my video's. Remember, they're only good for 30 days so if you want to keep them, make sure you downoad them.

actually.. I'll post next time I clean this area out.

There is currently NO time limit on video(s) at the moment.

...dwd and 90ranajo, do you remember the jeeper who came to the campsite on the bluff??? who did he say to say hello too??:scratch:

...sorry all, i got home sunday and got a violent case of the flu sunday night...still down from it but feeling better today....

...dwd and 90ranajo, do you remember the jeeper who came to the campsite on the bluff??? who did he say to say hello too??:scratch:

I honestly don't remember. Sorry.

...thanks, and i am glad you made it home safe and i hope the truck is better than new....;)

Those videos were cool, can't wait to see the rest of 'em.

...sorry all, i got home sunday and got a violent case of the flu sunday night...still down from it but feeling better today....

Hmmm i was beginning to wonder what happened to ya ....as far as the flu is concerned ya did'nt get it from me. :D cough cough....ugh! wish this cold would go away.

...i was going thru posting withdrawals since i think i only posted 5 times in like ten days...:eek:

...but beware, my temp is up to 97.7 and my 2 typing fingers are well rested...:D
...no cough...i got a bad chill saturday night real quick and nothing till i got home and comfy sunday night...then all heck broke loose...i ate my first real food today, eck...

...btw cyber, on the brakelines...i found out today that mine were like 70 and 50 a piece...:eek:

...i was going thru posting withdrawals since i think i only posted 5 times in like ten days...:eek:

...but beware, my temp is up to 97.7 and my 2 typing fingers are well rested...:D
...no cough...i got a bad chill saturday night real quick and nothing till i got home and comfy sunday night...then all heck broke loose...i ate my first real food today, eck...

...btw cyber, on the brakelines...i found out today that mine were like 70 and 50 a piece...:eek:

Now ya know why i went went Maniak on the brake lines he got for me.:thumbsup:;)

Oh btw Maniak i might need that block fitting anyways i am getting a little concerned about that tapped fitting since it starting to show a little seepage from there but i cannot tell if it's coming from the top or the bottom...at least not yet, i got to clean it and continue to monitor it

Keep an eye on it.. and let me know if its the NPT threaded section (You might be able to tighten it a little more).

I have the same "style" (one port is an npt) and mine doesn't leak, but mine was factory made like that (I didn't have to drill/tap the npt).

If you need the block I can sell you the one I got here (for cost) or just give you the earles p/n (I can dig it up) so you can get it cheaper mail order since I have found out that I'm not getting the best prices from this local speed shop.

Just let me know..

~Mark

....maniak, have you talked to the boss yet??? btw, how far is yuma from you???

....maniak, have you talked to the boss yet??? btw, how far is yuma from you???

Yuma to Tuscon? about 3-4 hr drive depending on fast you wanna drive it :D

Keep an eye on it.. and let me know if its the NPT threaded section (You might be able to tighten it a little more).

I have the same "style" (one port is an npt) and mine doesn't leak, but mine was factory made like that (I didn't have to drill/tap the npt).

If you need the block I can sell you the one I got here (for cost) or just give you the earles p/n (I can dig it up) so you can get it cheaper mail order since I have found out that I'm not getting the best prices from this local speed shop.

Just let me know..

~Mark

yup i am watching it becuase i am not sure it might the top fitting too since i I see fluid up there also.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No I haven't asked her about the truck yet.. She's been a little stressed.. Trip to Mexico this weekend then she goes to Tx for work next week, then again the week after..

Total driving time from TH to home last time at 67mph was close to 8 hours.. (lots of stops, for some reason I was more tired going home than I was heading to TH).

~Mark

Back