Section525 - D44 2nd gen. leaves SAS | Page 19 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Section525 - D44 2nd gen. leaves SAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since I have the axle in-hand finally... I guess I can start my thread.

I bought this axle about a month ago from a guy in OR and finally made it around to picking it up yesterday. I watched as he actually took the axle out from under the truck. It's pretty clean.

1983 Jeep Wagoneer LP D44

The plans:
Rubicon Express leaf springs (unless someone suggests otherwise)
4.88s
Detroit

Then SOA the rear, add a locker, and 5x4.5 to 6x5.5 adapters (I heard they make them). So far I am thinking about going 35/36s BFGs or IROKs.

So.... any suggestions?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 7,029
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 7,071
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 7,016

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

each. Don't know much about their springs. I'm guessing you could find a lightly used set much much cheaper somewhere. I have a few friends who have all kinds of random waggy crap. I'll see if any have springs. They may be willing to part with them for really cheap, but shipping springs would probably suck big time.

Actually, Robbie got a set of waggy springs shipped to him from IZwack and he only paid like 25 bucks for shipping or something. Not sure if that is the real shipping cost (and the rest was in the purchase price) or not.

Dont waggy leaves have the centerpin offset like 4" compared to the YJ's? Wouldnt this move your front forward/back 4"?

Robbie got the leaves from me for $25.00 + shipping.. came out to $40-something total.

The Wagoneer Rancho 44044's have a 2" offset. IZ or Robbie, do you happen to know what stocks are?

Phil says the front eye to center pin length will be the same as the YJ, and the extra 2" is in the rear. Meaning all I would have to do is move the rear mount back 2". Hmmm..m..mmmm...mmmmmmm.

do that. you want me to check with some folks here if shipping is only like $25?

jasonb said:
do that. you want me to check with some folks here if shipping is only like $25?

If no one thinks buying JC Whitney ones are a bad idea, I may just do that. That way I can get them here this week and they're guaranteed good springs.

Colin said:
Doesn't Matt "RockRanger" have the YJ springs that "S'ed" on him the first time out?

I know his are mostly YJ springs.. I think with a Ranger leaf in there too. I wonder how heavier the front of mine is than his?

Johnny said:
I know his are mostly YJ springs.. I think with a Ranger leaf in there too. I wonder how heavier the front of mine is than his?
I imagine quite a bit. The fact that you have the suv will affect the front weight too, compared to his truck bed.

section525 said:
The Wagoneer Rancho 44044's have a 2" offset. IZ or Robbie, do you happen to know what stocks are?
I dunno, hopefully Robbie will. I'll send him a PM.

Well hopefully they're correct because I am having some overnighted here. :p

sorry i was working all day, ya its two inch offset, round 25" from shackle side to pin, round 23" from pin to other bushing

Section when are you going to send me this extra cash you have laying around, you dont bargain for anything, its just straight to the top for you.

Also, what does section525 mean, i mean since you went all out and painted it on your crossmember, and made a tee-shirt

I just don't like messing around with used parts as much as the new stuff. That's all. :p

sectionmeans.jpg

21robbie21 said:
Also, what does section525 mean, i mean since you went all out and painted it on your crossmember, and made a tee-shirt
He had a bad experience when walking to the beach and stepping in it. He now leads rallys in Chico to have the city cleaned up. :D

thats a funny sign, what is your job?

Mostly I just clean up poo on the beach here in cHICO.

FROADER said:
Good waves right now in Chico right?

That looks good with the axle moved forward like that.

It will look sicker on Tuesday with new springs. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back