Truckhaven 2010 Jan 23-24 Discussion | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truckhaven 2010 Jan 23-24 Discussion

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did someone say kayak races in the washes??

..:scratch:...Possibly this years theme, Kayakhaven...??

...The new campsite on marina drive...
kayaking.jpg

..And the races in the washes.
OwyheeRiverKayakTrip2.jpg

Hmmmm maybe i will bring the Jet Ski With me :dunno:

They just said on the news...

4-8"in the LA area
8-16" (as high as 20") in foothills and mtns. :eek:
3' snow 4000'+

Next weeks mod: Pontoons for the EX? :dunno:

Crazy! Here's the San Diego county forecast:

"A series of storms will bring periods of locally heavy rain and
strong winds next week with snow at the higher elevations.

This all week long event has the potential to generate rainfall of 5
to 8 inches near the coast... to 20 or more inches on the coastal
mountain slopes. Typically wetter locations on the coastal mountains
slopes could receive 30 or more inches of rainfall. Even the desert
locations are likely to receive between 2 and 4 inches of rain."

30 or more inches!!!
If that falls on the east facing slope of the mountain range, it'll flow towards T-haven. :eek:

Damn, talk about landslides... Sounds like another CA disaster in the making:eek:

Okay, I'm giving everybody until Monday to SIGN UP for the POTLUCK. If nobody else signs up the potluck will be canceled and it will be everyone for his/herself.

Just had a load of dried oak delivered this morning:D

Bring Christmas Trees!!!!

Grumble grumble... It's started raining heavy out here. Let's hope mother nature gets this out of her system FAST!

I know that everyone is bummed about the rain....but look at the bright side! When it's all done, T-haven is going to be a whole new world, and like columbus we will discover!:D ...and then claim we were the first.:p:

:help: Potluck Thread updated. Still need some more stuff. Please check it out. I'll update again Wednesday night.

Are we camping on the Bluff or in the wash? Hard to say which might be better as far as mud goes since they both have low spots, but from the weather radar I was watching it looks like Truckhaven has and is getting dumped on..

weather.com says only partly cloudy for Saturday and Sunday for Salton City with a 20% chance for rain on Saturday and a 0% chance on Sunday :thumbsup::)

Dave, you live out that way, could you give us a running total on how much rain you've gotten there this week?

If it's raining at Truckhaven, I so want to visit in Late February/Early March.. The wildflowers will be just AWESOME this year!

If it's raining at Truckhaven, I so want to visit in Late February/Early March.. The wildflowers will be just AWESOME this year!

Not to mention all the new and untried nooks and cranies!
(can i get that with butter and marmalade?)

While you craziess are checking out Mud-haven, I think I may take the family up to Big Bear 1 day this weekend:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dave, you live out that way, could you give us a running total on how much rain you've gotten there this week?

Not sure actually, not as much as LA/OC/SD areas though. Seems like our local news talks about the flooding and such in LA/OC.

Had a pretty good deluge yesterday afternoon for a half hour or so but most of the rain has just been a light steady rain. We'll see what tonight brings.

Back