Who is "awaiting shipment?" | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who is "awaiting shipment?"

How do you find out what level MFT your car is equipped with. Do you have a link?

sagexlt,

I see that jedimike has provided you with the accurate information. If I can be of any further help please let me know.

**For anyone else that is interested in this information, I have included it below:

Go to syncmyride.com and register your X. You'll need your VIN to do this.

~Seni

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ordered 12/29
built 3/10

No answers from Ford like the rest of you. If there was something else I liked just the same I would be out buying that instead! I'm very frustrated.

Last edited:

Ordered an XLT on 2/8 with 202A pkg. and nav sys. Found out from Ford customer service today that the car was built on 2/25 (you know the old saying about cars built on Fridays) and is still sitting in Chicago. They stated that it had a release date and then three "re-release" dates. Anyone know what that means? I'm assuming that means they called it back for fixes?

sagexlt,

Please feel free to send me an email with your VIN and I will be happy to review your order status and get back to you. Have a great rest of your day. I look forward to hearing from you.

~Seni

Last edited:

Mine shows that it was loaded with V2.4 on 2/25/2011.

I guess this means I am not any closer to receiving my Explorer.....

Ordered 1/28
Built wk of 2/24
ETA ????

I won't be waiting until August, I'll jump & pull the parachute cord............

Alright...no need to jump...please check your inbox. I have sent a message.

~Seni

:D Thank you for the good news, Seni :D

Finally a ray of sunshine :cool:

We are also waiting. We ordered our XLT on 3/7, it was completed on 3/23 and has been sitting in Chicago since 3/27. Our dealer told us that Ford told them that they were shipping 8000 on 4/1...guess ours wasn't one of them. :(

So this weekend I found this forum and learned how to view my window sticker...and good thing I did because the interior is completely wrong!!! We had asked for Stone and the interior on my car is Black! After sending a frustrated e-mail to our sales guy and his manager they are going to let us have another one that someone had ordered and backed out on that has the same interior/exterior that we had requested. The only difference is the one we ordered didn't have a NAV in it and the other one does, so they are going to knock the NAV price off and give us the other one. So the new one we are getting has apparently been sitting in Chicago for 2 weeks longer than ours has. :( The longer we have to wait the more miles I am putting on my trade in and the less I will get for it. So frustrating.

We went out this weekend after the interior fiasco and started looking at our other options (Jeep Cherokee, Durango, etc...) just in case....

Ford Still Waiting for Rail Car Availability!?!?!

So, I just got off the phone with a Ford Rep. and she tells me she just received an update on the Ford Explorer deal this morning. So, naturally I was expecting some new news, but to no avail. Apparently the "official" reason why we are all "awaiting shipment" is still no Rail Cars available and Ford is seeking alternate means of transport for the Explorers. Tell me something I didn't know a month ago.

She also mentioned that because of the Earthquake in Japan that some paint colors have been hard to get, so if you have one of those colors (couldn't tell me which ones) then you're waiting on paint as well.

How hard is it for Ford to have reliable uptodate information concerning your vehicle in particular. This Ford Rep. didn't even know the explorers were made in Chicago! Quite useless if you ask me.

So, with a build date of 3/4, I am still "awaiting shipment" for my White Suede XLT 202a Ford Explorer. So if I'm one of the lucky ones that is waiting for paint color as well, then if you have the same color then you may be in the same boat.

For what it's worth. I order my vehicle in Jan., it was built in mid Feb. and then was either at plant or awaiting shipping. Two weeks ago, I called the dealer at 10:00 AM and he said it was still at plant awaiting shipping with no ETA. At 1:30 PM he called and said the vehicle just arrived. Go figure.

Last edited:

Ours just came in today!! very excited.

3/5 order
3/29 build
4/12 delivered

She also mentioned that because of the Earthquake in Japan that some paint colors have been hard to get, so if you have one of those colors (couldn't tell me which ones) then you're waiting on paint as well.

So, with a build date of 3/4, I am still "awaiting shipment" for my White Suede XLT 202a Ford Explorer. So if I'm one of the lucky ones that is waiting for paint color as well, then if you have the same color then you may be in the same boat.
The colors in question are black and red. Its actually the pigment in these paints that are in short supply, as the plant in Japan was the sole source. When the news broke on this a couple of wees ago, Ford said they had adequate supply for cars that were to be built for consumers in April and that they were looking for alternate suppliers. Haven't heard any more since.

Congratulations Camping Dutchman! Let us know how you like it (lol, don't want to know what you don't like tho)...:)

I'm expecting mine today or shortly....fingers crossed!

Ours just came in today!! very excited.

3/5 order
3/29 build
4/12 delivered

Congrats on your delivery. I ordered on 2/5 and was built on 2/25. Was told by customer service today that the car is still in Chicago. I'm also in NJ and I'd like to know from Ford why cars ordered and built after mine are arriving and mine still sits waiting for a "rail car". Mines an XLT with nothing special that could have been attributed to some of the past delays like the paint thing. It makes no sense.

Got me. My buddy ordered a XLT at the same time and his was on the truck with mine....Came via truck from chicago is my understanding

Got me. My buddy ordered a XLT at the same time and his was on the truck with mine....Came via truck from chicago is my understanding

Wow, this is mind blowing. Well good luck with it and hope you guys enjoy them.

If they are looking for Railcars, going down 95 south of Philly, there are a bunch just sitting on the tracks. Appears that they've been there for sometime. I've seen them when I went to my home office in MD (2nd & 4th weeks of March & last week).

Just south of the railcars is a distribution point for all manufacturers........it is packed with new cars.

Congrats on your delivery. I ordered on 2/5 and was built on 2/25. Was told by customer service today that the car is still in Chicago. I'm also in NJ and I'd like to know from Ford why cars ordered and built after mine are arriving and mine still sits waiting for a "rail car". Mines an XLT with nothing special that could have been attributed to some of the past delays like the paint thing. It makes no sense.

With every thread you read, you will come to the conclusion that none of this makes any sense. If you haven't seen my post..

Ordered 2/6
Built 3/17
released 3/24

Been awaiting shipping ever since.

Found the exact same model at a different dealer (30 minutes east of me instead of my dealer, 30 minutes south) that was built on 3/25.. yes, 8 days after mine was built and yet it's on their lot as dealer stock..

Makes NO sense whatsoever.

What cracks me up is that Ford's customer service can't tell us anything. Its been six weeks since my build date and they have no idea when I'll get it. It seems that when the cars leave the factory they enter a vacuum and vaporize or something. Maybe they should have taken the stimulus money and bought some talent. Sorry if I'm bitter but at this point, I think we have a right to be.

What cracks me up is that Ford's customer service can't tell us anything. Its been six weeks since my build date and they have no idea when I'll get it. It seems that when the cars leave the factory they enter a vacuum and vaporize or something. Maybe they should have taken the stimulus money and bought some talent. Sorry if I'm bitter but at this point, I think we have a right to be.

I completely agree, that's why I bought the one as dealer stock.. I lost the $500 difference in rebate but am happy that I actually have it.

Reality is, I wouldn't have ever canceled my order to get a different vehicle.. I just would have dealt with the frustration because that's how badly my wife and I wanted this vehicle.

But our happiness in having the vehicle today over waiting and not knowing when it will arrive is worth more then the $500 we lost.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sagexlt,

Please feel free to send me an email with your VIN and I will be happy to review your order status and get back to you. Have a great rest of your day. I look forward to hearing from you.

~Seni

Seni,

I have a customer service case number of 1550650951. I'd appreciate it if you could find something out. No one else has been able to and it is getting very frustrating hearing "Its awaiting shipment"

Back