Spring wheeling trip at SMORR | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spring wheeling trip at SMORR

Well Cowboy, (and I hope I'm saying this right)... From what I'm understanding per the SMORR website, It is sponsored by Explorer Forum but anything with a blue oval is welcome to join the trip... Atleast I hope that's right, or I may be hung by my gibblets come the 29th. LOL.

This is a explorer forum wheeling meet.

We just chose to have it at smorr.

It is on a open wheeling weekend, so we could not have it to ourselves.

We are not a type of group to turn people away, shun them, or anything of the sort. We have to let others play with us.

Now our camping section is just for EF members only. the door prizes is just for EF members only, and have to be posted on our site as such.

The band is with EF, but is for all to enjoy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heres pic of my Bronco, lots to do to get ready!! :)
100_1051.jpg

Well, I just got in from listening to the band. They were rocking a local joint in town. They sounded great! The vocals are shared by the 4 front members. They all can belt it out! The female vocals are just out of this world! I listened to her sing "Crazy on you" by Heart. Wow! Talk about being able to carry a note!

We are going to have a terrific Sat night in the pavilion! I am a little tired right now,
but I will get some pics up tomorrow of tonight's gig with "Side FX".

Guys, I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna be able to make it to SMORR. Had to fly home for a few days cause my dad had another heart attack. (The stubborn old man refuses to stop smoking, drinking, and eating steak, lol) He'll be ok but the flight home, combined with the days of work has drained my cash reserve. Much as I hate to do it, I gotta pay the rent and stuff instead of having fun. :( But I guess I can get a head start on saving up and doing mods for next year right? lol

Guys, I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna be able to make it to SMORR. Had to fly home for a few days cause my dad had another heart attack. (The stubborn old man refuses to stop smoking, drinking, and eating steak, lol) He'll be ok but the flight home, combined with the days of work has drained my cash reserve. Much as I hate to do it, I gotta pay the rent and stuff instead of having fun. :( But I guess I can get a head start on saving up and doing mods for next year right? lol

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope all is well.

You have some time till the next wheeling event, so get your Mods finished and come join us next time.

Stay in tune with the thread, and watch for the return thread afterward!

wow,, sorry about the dad news,, hope he gets well soon,,

Well, dang. Tell dad to quit that so you can have fun too---

You will be missed.

Alright Gman, If it is not too late I need to add another heep to the mix. I will be me plus to TJs, so if we could get three primitive sites that would be great. If not let me know and we will work something out.

Alright Gman, If it is not too late I need to add another heep to the mix. I will be me plus to TJs, so if we could get three primitive sites that would be great. If not let me know and we will work something out.

Not a problem at all! 3 primitive sites it is! Do the TJ guys have a Ford hat? LOL!!:p:

Change of plans. Instead of going to SMORR, I'll be looking for a new job. I kist found out last night that Thursday will be my last day with my company. Myself, four other managers, and my area manager are getting the boot. What a way to show your appreciation for a group of people that busted their butts to turn this clusterf@&$ of a company around. This couldn't come at a worse time. I'm in the middle of a divorce and just about to try and refinance our house onto just my name. Now, I'm not even sure I'll be able to afoots it on my own. I'm probably going to have to sell it now. Sorry, I know you guys don't want to hear my drama, I'm just really pissed off and bitter about the whole deal.

Man im sorry about your luck. That stinks for sure but you should stay home and take care of a new job. Wheeling can always come later.

Turbo,

What compay was it?

Well, I really really really hate to say this. But I won't have enough time between the swap this weekend and the trip to properly breakin the engine. And i won't feel comfortable with a long trip like that until a few hundred more miles are on the clock.

Also The trip is just before I get my paycheck which means I'm gonna be broke as a joke.

I really hope we do this again so I can come. Sorry guys.

Well, I really really really hate to say this. But I won't have enough time between the swap this weekend and the trip to properly breakin the engine. And i won't feel comfortable with a long trip like that until a few hundred more miles are on the clock.

Also The trip is just before I get my paycheck which means I'm gonna be broke as a joke.

I really did think you were pushing it a bit. I honestly would have been very surprised to see you finished and shaken down by then. I know you are progressing nicely, it is nothing against you when I say it.

You have taken on a beast, and every step will require 2 back. I am still impressed.

I was really looking forward to seeing everyone and the band and door prizes sounds awesome.

Someones gotta take pics so's I can live vicariously.

Plenty of pictures will be taken. Im planning on taking pictures of the whole way there. If i see something funny its gonna be posted. lol

I seen too many strange things on the way to Badlands in 06.

Im excited to be there and meet everyone and have a good day of wheeling.

Sorry to hear the rash of problems going on here.

Seth, you will be more relaxed now, and will take your time doing what needs to be done correctly. Next year, or Ouray this Septemer!

Turbo, so sorry things have gone south for you. Hang in there, chin up, and stay positive!

With that said..............................No more cancellations!! We got to stick with the plans guys. Do what you have to do to make it! Louis and Clark carried their boats till they got back to water, they didnt give up! Neither shall anymore of us!

Sorry, I feel better..lol!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well good news. Im still going to make it LOL

I got some much needed work done one the explorer tonight.

Back