• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

21Robbie21 SAS

21robbie21

Elite SPort
Reaction score
City, State
duluth, ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
explorer sport 2001
nothing welded, but mocked up

this concrete slab is on a slight incline to the left and my back left bodybushing is trashed, to explain the lean.

BUt this sneak preview, even with the 33's looks sweet, im pumped.

and somebody fricking reply, ive done like four updates and gotten one reply, i dont care if you say "robbie you are an idiot, ur doing everything wrong and all u can do is paint. " just say something

welding starts tommrow :) courtesey js91x

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
Looks terrible. I would just stop now and give it away. I will send you an address you can send that pile of junk to. :D Are you going to leave the rear shocks how you have them or are you going to put them on the axle housing eventually.

21robbie21

Elite SPort
Reaction score
City, State
duluth, ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
explorer sport 2001
<<<<^^^^ 6:51 est time. check out the early start

RockRanger said:
Looks terrible. I would just stop now and give it away. I will send you an address you can send that pile of junk to. :D Are you going to leave the rear shocks how you have them or are you going to put them on the axle housing eventually.
yes i am, the shock mounts are on the way in the mail and ofcourse i will have to buy new shock after that, but i just wanna get this thing driving first.

JS91X

Reaction score
City, State
cumming, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
i can weld more stuff tomorrow, besides your perches if i need to...

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
I would have given you a set of shock mounts had I known you were looking for some.

Let me know when you get the front done and driving. I'll cut you a deal on a heavy duty diff cover. You can paint it red too since all you're good at is painting apparently. :D

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
Your stock shackles look like they are on backwards. The lip should be closest to the front of the vehicle.

Looks good!

JS91X

Reaction score
City, State
cumming, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
thought id update this for robbie...he went off to college today so probably no big update for a couple weeks

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
It's been a couple weeks and I know you're online.

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
I have a 1979 Bronco steering box (with rebuild kit), one can of 134a, some bearings for a VW Jetta rear wheel, and a can of semi-gloss interior paint. I just need your address.

Attachments

21robbie21

Elite SPort
Reaction score
City, State
duluth, ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
explorer sport 2001
ok guys, glad your atleast paying attention to me but im in
UGA (Athens, GA)---1 hour---My car(Duluth, GA)

I have no means of transportation and im pledging a fraternity and football starts next weekend so all the opportunities i have had were taken, im planning on going home sept 8,9,10 and finishing

thanks but no thanks section

how much to part with it stic? i saw u having a thread for this a while back and u said it was worth 80 and they wanted to bid like a dollar...

i have to weld my rear perches, face my shackles forward, weld my front hangers, and setup the steering. bleed the brakes and voila (ofcourse we all know it wont go this smooth)

then when i get it hear to athens im going to regear bc there is a shop that does installs for like 125 an axle.

im in the process of acquiring a 4x4 tranny and manual tcase, then ill regear the front and then im 4x4. ;)

JSUkid06

Reaction score
City, State
Athens, GA. (home) Jacksonville, AL. (school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 sport
Hey Robbie what shop are you using? I use Performance Offroad on Atlanta Hwy. They have done some great work around that shop. What fraternity are you pledging? Oh yeah enjoy athens.

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
Here you go, G! :thumbsup:

Attachments

'97 V8

Reaction score
City, State
ft. knox ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 mounty 5.0 4x4 baby!!
Whoa, where the hell was i when this was going on. Not to shabby Robbie. You crossed the line of no return.

JS91X

Reaction score
City, State
cumming, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
robbie, we need to disassemble your axle next time your back here..and figure out whats locking it up...it may be the needle bearings inside

..Check the needle bearings in the spindle that support the stub. Ive seen them loose a needle upon installation, and wedge them between the inside of the spindle and the stub, making for some odd problems. Does it lock completely up or just get real hard after the 1/8 turn?
................................................................................

from pirate4x4...so just hope your not raped in the butt here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
I don't think you need new springs. You just need to move the shackle hanger back more. If the shackle is going horizontal then it's too far forward.

You're probably okay with the springs you have. Mine are pretty much flat from the weight of the truck. Although you do have two more springs... It's up to you.

Just run some 44044s and 38" tires. :cool: