California End of Summer Run 2! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

California End of Summer Run 2!

jobunn said:
This looks like a lot of fun! I am planning to make it. And maybe get an extra day to find some nearby fishing.

There is some good fishing up there I here ;)

Joe I've seen you driven around a few times, sence I'm still working over in Mar Vista/Marina Del Ray :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ya I live in Mar Vista. Where's your work?

jobunn said:
Ya I live in Mar Vista. Where's your work?

We'll we have two office ...kinda for a few more weeks :rolleyes:

one is at Veince & inglewood, and the one I'm at is on Washington by Costco

We're going to move in a few weeks ....I hope :(

Thats kinda far for me and its a little to early to say for sure but i think i will go. Sounds like a good vacation!

Was just up in the sierras this weekend. There is talk that dusy might not even open this year due to so much snow falling up there. Swamp should be a blast, as it will probably have a late open as well. Still not sure if I will make it becasue I am planing on running dusy the next weeknd assuming it gets opened by then. If not then Ill plan on aking this run.

Alright guys so who is in for this run? This will probbaly be the last run with my IFS. and We all know what that means! :p As long as I can still drive the truck home :(

SO Who's In? :D

I'm still planning on it!

Josh S. said:
I should be in for a break after my first week of school :D ...guess I have to build some rock sliders now :rolleyes:

I did with out them last year, but I would not do it again like that :(

I am a maybe. It depends on the state of the truck and work. I will have to keep it together enough though to run the dusy ershim the next weekend :D

Stic-o i wont go either without sliders, but that just means I am going to get sliders in the next month or two. I am tired of using touch up paint and a hammer to the body.

jobunn said:
Stic-o i wont go either without sliders, but that just means I am going to get sliders in the next month or two. I am tired of using touch up paint and a hammer to the body.

As long as the doors open your fine :p

Well Matt found a thread over at Pirate. As of right now Swamp is still closed, but looks to open by the run. They still have a lot of snow up there it looks like.

Pirate thread

Stic-o said:
Well Matt found a thread over at Pirate. As of right now Swamp is still closed, but looks to open by the run. They still have a lot of snow up there it looks like.

Pirate thread
It better be open, that is the reason I am going on this run.... :D

last years even! lol

last years even i was on my way and i guess i wasn't meant to go!~ i got to the last gas station then made my way up the mountain on my way up i noticed my temperature gauge was rising! it should! lol but i get to the first lake which is 26 miles from the spot where you all were and my explorer is running really hot so we decided not to push it and just thought it was the lake where we were suppose to be ! come to find out my explorer was running hot cause a huge leaf was on my radiator! lol i was pissed!
but this year i have to do some planning on gas! lol thats going to cost me! any light four wheeling for me up there ? i only have small mods! and i am thinking my front end needs some work also!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

found a link to conditions up there. Here is the current sign :(

Maybe we will get luky and Swamp will open by the end of the month. Above 8500ft there is still 4 feet of snow! :eek:
pic-signs.gif

Here is a Link to more info on the trails and any updates

Link

Back