Cleghorn Rd. is OPEN!

DB_1

Elite Ranger
Reaction score
City, State
La Quinta, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SC Ranger xlt
The So Cal Big Dawgs (full size Chevy's) are getting a run together and i'm planning on going. I've ran this trail only once before and it's a pretty fun and scenic trail that runs along the ridgeline of the mtns. There were a couple tough spots but nothing extreme although i've been hearing it's a bit tougher than it has been since the rains last winter. There is a fire road which you can use as a bypass for the trail itself if there's something that is too rough to handle.
This is planned as a day run but the plan is afterwards to run a trail or two in Big Bear...hopefully Dishpan Springs if it's open. Rumor has it it's supposed to re-open Aug. 1st but thats not for sure. I would actually like to make a weekend out of it since it's a lot of driving to do in one day so if anyone else is interested as well then post up.

Here's the info:

When: Aug. 6th @ 7:00am
Meeting place: McDonalds @ the Cleghorn rd. exit off I-15

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That may work for me, depends on how the work week goes. Sounds like a fun trip though. I've wanted to take that trail and the connecting trails all the way to Big Bear.

Kewl :cool: the more of us "small dogs" out there the better :p

FROADER said:
Bad date for me... Buddy's 30th B-day party at my house. Maybe I can make another one planned later...? :)

I'm down with that...start a thread when you have a date(s) in mind :thumbsup:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...I have been dying to go wheelin with you guys!! Now it's just a question of whether I want to take a gamble...I will be driving my rig up to Chico the following weekend (580 miles :eek: ) I wonder if I can wheel it this weekend and drive it a longass distance the next :confused:

Also, would I be OK without rocksliders??? I still haven't made any :eek:

I am still not sure if I am going to be able to make this trip but for Cleghorn and trails around Silverwood Lake you dont need sliders. Not sure about Dishpan Springs trail near Arrowhead though.

Yup yup, i'll be there even though it's a hell of an early start. If you do decide to go, I think you'll be fine. Of course I've only been on this trail once and that was a few yrs back so it could be all different up there.
So whoever is going i'll see ya up there bright and early :D :thumbsup:

how far up the 15 is cleghorn road? south of the cajon pass or what?

as of now I'm pretty much planning on makin it out...hmmm, brother's birthday party is on friday night tho....damn! well we'll see what happens LOL :chug:

It's just past Glen Helen and just before the exit to Wrightwood (don't remember the exit) You can't miss it though, big sign for the Cleghorn rd exit plus there's the Mcdonalds/Chevron there.

alright cool, yah I just looked it up too so its all good. is where we're going that trailhead off to the east side of the highway that's visible if you're drivin up the 15? just curious cuz I've seen that before and wondered where it went

Yeppers, that's the place...it's a fire road for a ways until you get to the good stuff.

Back