DeJello goes Topless and Doorless (Pics) | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DeJello goes Topless and Doorless (Pics)

JTX said:
Hey Rick did you ever get any **** from cops about your doors? I havent driven mine much yet, most the cops around here our bricks and will pull you over for stupid ****. Im a little worried.

No, I haven't had a problem here in AZ or anywhere else I've driven it... yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Trckmagik. How'd you come across that info?

I always go to the Department of Transportation before towing to any state so that I know the laws of that state.

I too would like to take the doors off :) ... but most importantly, how much harder are they to get back on!?

They aren't hard to line up or anything, but they're awkward for one person to handle.

I went down to the cop shop today and requested a copy of the city code as far as vehicle modifications and such. There is nothing in it about having to have doors. Gonna stick that baby in my glovebox for the next time I get pulled over.

As for taking the doors off and on, think about this-

Get some big eye bolts like at tractor supply and bolt them through the ceiling joists in your garage. When it comes time to put doors back on, use a couple of ratchet straps to hold the door up. You can then swing it into place without holding the weight of the door.

^Genius

Thats Arkansas ingenuity for ya!

I wanted to look at this again, but the link doesn't work anymore and my searching skills are less than desireable on nukinfutz.com.

Brian, can you help me out, please...? The pics with the doors off is what I'm looking for.

Colin are you board and broke so your taking your doors off.:D

I found the topless pics but not the doorless pics.

I'm bored, broke and have a sawzall now. I'm cutting my front fenders this weekend. Who knows what else will end up getting cut. :dunno: Again, I'm bored and have all next week off so... :)

bored and have all next week off so... :)

Me too...:D I don't think I'll be cutting anything though. I have to work on my carputer:D and Maybe I'll use some black paint somewhere.:p:

im gonna drop the top and doors come some warmer temps, ill use adjustable hitch pins to replace the door hinges.

^^why? its just 4 bolts per door....its not that hard to alighn you just bolt them "hand tight," then close the door re-open and tighten. I did it twice by myself 10 minutes comming off and then half hour going back on. If i remmeber mynameisaric tried the pin idea and it wouldnt work for some reason.

Testing.... Testing.... Is this thing on?

ADD1C_jellooldrig.jpg

^^ Is that what you are looking for sir?

I'll fly out so I can help :)

Hey Trckmagik...

I didn't know you were on here..

cool. Good to see another FSB member here.

BTW, Sweet rig. First time I finally seen a good pic of it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Trckmagik...

I didn't know you were on here..

cool. Good to see another FSB member here.

BTW, Sweet rig. First time I finally seen a good pic of it.

Nonee of these pictured are mine. I just seem to always be around when there is cutting involved :)

Welcome to the site by the way.

Froads, what's the plan?

Back