• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

MY Long Travel Build

BigDave!!!

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 2WD
damn dude i havent checked this thread in a while, looks really good and your lucky you got it in time to test out before it gets too hot!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

taknitezX2

Reaction score
City, State
chino, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 xlt
yea guys, im happy with it. I got the shocks and all back together today, revalved the smoothies a little stiffer, but now i think i need to slow down the rebound. its a bit bouncy now. overall its great. a few things need to be adjusted for better fitment but thats how it goes. still need to take it and get a new crossbrace made, and add some gussets around the hoops and arms.

taknitezX2

Reaction score
City, State
chino, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 xlt
few more

Attachments

• DSC00998.JPG
    DSC00998.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 584
  • DSC00999.JPG
    DSC00999.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 579

white96x

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rancho Cuc,Ca(home) SLO,Ca(school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 E.B.
wow...that stance is wider than i thought it would be...fenders..what fenders?

sikamikanico816

Reaction score
City, State
chula vista, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT 2WD
pretty neat, looks like 8 inches wider per side with that wheel backspacing or something. whose making your fenders? keep on keepin on

redranger4.0

Reaction score
City, State
Salem CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ranger XLT
you doing rear glass?

taknitezX2

Reaction score
City, State
chino, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 xlt
rear glass might come eventually. at the moment, funding wont allow it, espically since it really doesnt add anything other than looks. im thinking about switching to a 33x10.5 in the rear which will allow the tires to tuck easier without doing much work to the rear fenders.

redranger4.0

Reaction score
City, State
Salem CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ranger XLT
taknitezX2 said:
rear glass might come eventually. at the moment, funding wont allow it, espically since it really doesnt add anything other than looks. im thinking about switching to a 33x10.5 in the rear which will allow the tires to tuck easier without doing much work to the rear fenders.
thats why i asked cause it looked like you might have some rear clearance issues

taknitezX2

Reaction score
City, State
chino, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 xlt
its called self clearance buddy. :D a couple runs through the whoops and 50mph, u will never rub tires again. know from personal experience and from that of friends. no need to pull besides, just mash the crap outa them.

HappyGilmore

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport 2WD
taknitezX2 said:
its called self clearance buddy. :D a couple runs through the whoops and 50mph, u will never rub tires again. know from personal experience and from that of friends. no need to pull besides, just mash the crap outa them.
wo0o0ord!!!! hahaha

taknitezX2

Reaction score
City, State
chino, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 xlt
BigDave!!! said:
get those fenders mounted yet?

nope. hopefully this weekend. gonna be working on getting things squared away on the front end so ill be mounting the fenders too. i sat them up and they should cover nicely. they each have a chunck in the corner that need trimmed up but so be it. nothing a saw and file cant fix.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

90ranajo

The Little TJ that could
Reaction score
City, State
Pattaya, Chonburi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Toyota Fortuner
Callsign
KG7MXH
We need pics of the new fenders!
6909we_need_pics.gif