MY Long Travel Build | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MY Long Travel Build

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what are we building luxury cruisers with first class cabins?
hahaha (please dont look at my BII as an example)

Stage III for the BII = loss of first class accomodations I beleive

you can cut the floor out of the cargo area and run a plexiglass shield with dynamat behind the back seats to keep teh crap out and noise down.

haha. first class yeah right. i still have dirt inside the cab from MLK weekend 3 months ago. WAJ. but yeah, im not sure if im gonna run hoops into the cargo area, a underbed canti setup, or some other under setup. it will be leaf sprung, no linking now.

hey jeff, did you find out exactly what ball joints you will be using yet? and if they will fit in a stock lower? just wondering because i picked up another set of lowers than im going to be gusseting, boxing and plating so now i want a ball joint that i can rely on not to break

im on lunch right now, the truck goes straight to the shop after work. Everyone pray for no rain tomarrow cause that would suck. I riding the skateboard to and from work tomarrow :D rock star status. yeah, im only a little bit excited :eek:

i took a couple quick shots of the uppers yesterday too.

Attachments

• Upper1.jpg
    Upper1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 605
  • Upper2.jpg
    Upper2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 608

nice pieces...so i know i asked you before and you said you were using a balljoint on those uppers...is that still the case or are you going with a vertical uniball?

ha ha...no one's bought those yet? ya i saw that when you first posted it but i'm good....i'm actually in the process of working with camburg on a 3-link....so thats where all my money's going...

its about 130am, just got home from the shop. The explorer front end is about 80% done, but i was able to drive her back home and have it till we can finish the rest of the work. MMMM...it sure is nice. pics will be up tomarrow sometime depending on how tired i am. gotta go to sleep, work is coming in a few hours.

a few teasers

Attachments

• DSC00987.JPG
    DSC00987.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 579
  • DSC00992.JPG
    DSC00992.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 590
  • DSC00991.JPG
    DSC00991.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 599
  • DSC00994.JPG
    DSC00994.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 577

couple other quick ones i took today. im gonna revalve the other shock, thats why its not in the pic.

Attachments

• DSC00995.JPG
    DSC00995.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 580
  • DSC00996.JPG
    DSC00996.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 577
  • DSC00997.JPG
    DSC00997.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 579

sickness

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You plan to paint those hoops, arms/knuckle?

Looks fantastic!

Back