MY Long Travel Build | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MY Long Travel Build

damn dude i havent checked this thread in a while, looks really good and your lucky you got it in time to test out before it gets too hot!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yea guys, im happy with it. I got the shocks and all back together today, revalved the smoothies a little stiffer, but now i think i need to slow down the rebound. its a bit bouncy now. overall its great. a few things need to be adjusted for better fitment but thats how it goes. still need to take it and get a new crossbrace made, and add some gussets around the hoops and arms.

few more

Attachments

• DSC00998.JPG
    DSC00998.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 658
  • DSC00999.JPG
    DSC00999.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 660

wow...that stance is wider than i thought it would be...fenders..what fenders?

pretty neat, looks like 8 inches wider per side with that wheel backspacing or something. whose making your fenders? keep on keepin on

you doing rear glass?

rear glass might come eventually. at the moment, funding wont allow it, espically since it really doesnt add anything other than looks. im thinking about switching to a 33x10.5 in the rear which will allow the tires to tuck easier without doing much work to the rear fenders.

taknitezX2 said:
rear glass might come eventually. at the moment, funding wont allow it, espically since it really doesnt add anything other than looks. im thinking about switching to a 33x10.5 in the rear which will allow the tires to tuck easier without doing much work to the rear fenders.
thats why i asked cause it looked like you might have some rear clearance issues

its called self clearance buddy. :D a couple runs through the whoops and 50mph, u will never rub tires again. know from personal experience and from that of friends. no need to pull besides, just mash the crap outa them.

taknitezX2 said:
its called self clearance buddy. :D a couple runs through the whoops and 50mph, u will never rub tires again. know from personal experience and from that of friends. no need to pull besides, just mash the crap outa them.
wo0o0ord!!!! hahaha

BigDave!!! said:
get those fenders mounted yet?

nope. hopefully this weekend. gonna be working on getting things squared away on the front end so ill be mounting the fenders too. i sat them up and they should cover nicely. they each have a chunck in the corner that need trimmed up but so be it. nothing a saw and file cant fix.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We need pics of the new fenders!
6909we_need_pics.gif

Back