• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Pismo Beach '08 Part 1

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...i've been busy with work but it's far enough away time wise which has allowed me to inform my customers that i will be gone that weekend, goin' plum crazy...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
..i'm hoping we get more people for this run...:D

MicroMachine

Reaction score
City, State
Yorba Linda, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport XLT
So it's coming up on the begining of may and some of the other guys are going to corral canyon around the same weekend this is planned so im wondering is this still going on cause I really wanna do this...

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
Im more than likely going. My front end will be done....The rear will not, so no going to crazy for me.

hope your back end is setup a little. it feels so dissapointing when the front end soaks everything up but your back end bottums out and sends you in nose wheelies in every whoop :(

me, justin, and jim are still in. you know that straight away section by the fence, can you say fourth gear pinned?

carlover

Reaction score
City, State
Fontana,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XL
hope your back end is setup a little. it feels so dissapointing when the front end soaks everything up but your back end bottums out and sends you in nose wheelies in every whoop :(

me, justin, and jim are still in. you know that straight away section by the fence, can you say fourth gear pinned?
My rear setup sucks ass lol. The front will be nothing special, a basic mid-travel kit with a 2.5" shock stuffed in there. The rear will be built this summer and will be way more full blown than the front.

lifeguard379

Reaction score
City, State
sacremento,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 eddie bauer 2 door
i dont think mine will soak up anything, but we will see lol

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
My rear setup sucks ass lol. The front will be nothing special, a basic mid-travel kit with a 2.5" shock stuffed in there. The rear will be built this summer and will be way more full blown than the front.

pfff just mash the skinny peddle! it'll do fine :D

lifeguard im sure your beast will soak up a lot. i've seen froader haul through washes before and takes it like nothin. (oh and by the way, froader would beat me in a race)

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
That straight away is the best place in pismo i think. And i was in the back seat of Froader's truck when he raced up comp hill, and it was smooth.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...I am glad we will have another good turn out for this...:thumbsup:...i can't wait to get to pismo and relax...:D

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
where's the 2wd guys? i would figure more dezert built guys would want to come out to pizmo.

lifeguard379

Reaction score
City, State
sacremento,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 eddie bauer 2 door
so how do the camp sites work there? do we need to reserve spots on no?

MicroMachine

Reaction score
City, State
Yorba Linda, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport XLT
where's the 2wd guys? i would figure more dezert built guys would want to come out to pizmo.
looks like im the only one...:D

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
so how do the camp sites work there? do we need to reserve spots on no?
Yes, it's a good idea to make a reservation. There's a chance that if it's not a busy weekend you wont even need one, but if it is busy then you're really not allowed to camp there, and can get a big fine if you are caught. IIRC, the reservation cost under $20 and you can split it with a few people/trucks.

lifeguard379

Reaction score
City, State
sacremento,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 eddie bauer 2 door
any idea where i could fint the # to call them?or if they have a website?

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
(800) 444-7275

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
we got reservations for the four of us

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
looks like im the only one...:D
alright, we'll teach you how to drive the whoops. you just gotta get on top and skip across them :D (even though anyone that's been in my car can tell you a suck at driving the whoops :eek: )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20. Gets rid of the ads!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
alright, we'll teach you how to drive the whoops. you just gotta get on top and skip across them :D (even though anyone that's been in my car can tell you a suck at driving the whoops :eek: )
And us 2wheelers gotta stay out of those bowls. :D Or else just make sure you've got a couple extra trucks to pull you out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tbars4 Pismo beach-Part Deux August 10-12 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 249
Hbrichman Ocotillio Wells and Pismo Beach Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
Tbars4 Pismo Beach June 19-21 '09 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 123
mounty71 Pismo Beach anyone? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 19
W Pismo Beach Jan 14-16 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
C pismo beach run? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 17
G Pismo beach, San Luis obispo, Lake Lopez Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
S CenCal pismo?? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
C Return from Pismo-Part deux '07 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 82
Tbars4 Return from Pismo Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 82
FROADER Pismo the weekend of June 2nd. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 119
FROADER Pismo on August 12th & 13th. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 87
FROADER Will be in Pismo, Aug 12-14 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 18
C Pismo Dunes Memorial Day Weekend Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
jimbo74 I'm Going To Pismo!!! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8
C Pismo Dunes Camp and Mob. May 20th '05. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 32
C pismo run? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
B pismo memorial day weekend Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
C Pismo Dune Meet Jan.30th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 91
C Pics from Pismo Dec.12 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 13
C Dec.12 Pismo Dune MeeT Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
C PICS!! FUN DAY @ Pismo Dunes w/clarkkent Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 10
C Pismo Dunes, CA Oct. 25-26 Meet Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 208
C Pismo Dunes, CA Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
M 4x4 beach passes? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
T Brigatine beach nj 4x4 parade ? anybody going ? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
T [Apr 7, 2012] ANNUAL 4X4-ATV RALLY APRIL 7-2012 MYRTLE BEACH AREA (ash, nc) Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 1
Wills05xlt4x4 Wanted oregon inlet camp/ 4x4 beach trip oct 21-23 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 119
Wills05xlt4x4 Wanted Everyone please voice concern to keep hatteras beach open to 4x4! Deadline 9/19/2011 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
F OBX beach driving Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 17
T Anyone know any off road trail close to Huntington Beach? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 5
S anyone wanna help in in the va beach area? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
V Cape Cod Beach Run: August 27th and 28th Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 106
P End of Summer Beach Run Ocean Shores Wa Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
N Bear Lake Run/whoops/beach baja! Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 22
M Where to go beach driving on the eastern shore area of VA or MD? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
C Road Trip to Rosarito Beach!? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 19
Spas August 23/24 Long Beach Island, NJ Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 57
M Does anyone know where there is beach access for 4x4ing in North Carolina? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 17
M Where to go offroad in Myrtle Beach and surrounding areas Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 3
Stic-o Truckhaven Oct. 21st -23rd 20th Anniversary Run Part 2 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 192
A next naches trip part ll Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 95
C Pick Your Part Sale Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 0
Stolle Local Part out. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 2
F SAS part out feeler Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 13
Stic-o Pick A Part finds... Includes D-44, and MAn T-case. Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 4
R.J. Pick Your Part 50% Off Sale Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 13
aeaglenfitch 2008 NWE gathering PART 2 Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 9
Tbars4 Cage Building Party Part Deux??? Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 153
G Cape Cod! part deux Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion 8