• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Pismo Beach '08 Part 1

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...i've been busy with work but it's far enough away time wise which has allowed me to inform my customers that i will be gone that weekend, goin' plum crazy...:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
..i'm hoping we get more people for this run...:D

MicroMachine

Reaction score
City, State
Yorba Linda, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport XLT
So it's coming up on the begining of may and some of the other guys are going to corral canyon around the same weekend this is planned so im wondering is this still going on cause I really wanna do this...

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
Im more than likely going. My front end will be done....The rear will not, so no going to crazy for me.

hope your back end is setup a little. it feels so dissapointing when the front end soaks everything up but your back end bottums out and sends you in nose wheelies in every whoop :(

me, justin, and jim are still in. you know that straight away section by the fence, can you say fourth gear pinned?

carlover

Reaction score
City, State
Fontana,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XL
hope your back end is setup a little. it feels so dissapointing when the front end soaks everything up but your back end bottums out and sends you in nose wheelies in every whoop :(

me, justin, and jim are still in. you know that straight away section by the fence, can you say fourth gear pinned?
My rear setup sucks ass lol. The front will be nothing special, a basic mid-travel kit with a 2.5" shock stuffed in there. The rear will be built this summer and will be way more full blown than the front.

lifeguard379

Reaction score
City, State
sacremento,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 eddie bauer 2 door
i dont think mine will soak up anything, but we will see lol

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
My rear setup sucks ass lol. The front will be nothing special, a basic mid-travel kit with a 2.5" shock stuffed in there. The rear will be built this summer and will be way more full blown than the front.

pfff just mash the skinny peddle! it'll do fine :D

lifeguard im sure your beast will soak up a lot. i've seen froader haul through washes before and takes it like nothin. (oh and by the way, froader would beat me in a race)

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
That straight away is the best place in pismo i think. And i was in the back seat of Froader's truck when he raced up comp hill, and it was smooth.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...I am glad we will have another good turn out for this...:thumbsup:...i can't wait to get to pismo and relax...:D

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
where's the 2wd guys? i would figure more dezert built guys would want to come out to pizmo.

lifeguard379

Reaction score
City, State
sacremento,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 eddie bauer 2 door
so how do the camp sites work there? do we need to reserve spots on no?

MicroMachine

Reaction score
City, State
Yorba Linda, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport XLT
where's the 2wd guys? i would figure more dezert built guys would want to come out to pizmo.
looks like im the only one...:D

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
so how do the camp sites work there? do we need to reserve spots on no?
Yes, it's a good idea to make a reservation. There's a chance that if it's not a busy weekend you wont even need one, but if it is busy then you're really not allowed to camp there, and can get a big fine if you are caught. IIRC, the reservation cost under $20 and you can split it with a few people/trucks.

lifeguard379

Reaction score
City, State
sacremento,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 eddie bauer 2 door
any idea where i could fint the # to call them?or if they have a website?

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
(800) 444-7275

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
we got reservations for the four of us

R.J.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
La Habra Hts, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
looks like im the only one...:D
alright, we'll teach you how to drive the whoops. you just gotta get on top and skip across them :D (even though anyone that's been in my car can tell you a suck at driving the whoops :eek: )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

mounty71

It's green, not gray.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Mountaineer
alright, we'll teach you how to drive the whoops. you just gotta get on top and skip across them :D (even though anyone that's been in my car can tell you a suck at driving the whoops :eek: )
And us 2wheelers gotta stay out of those bowls. :D Or else just make sure you've got a couple extra trucks to pull you out.