Pismo Beach June 19-21 '09 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pismo Beach June 19-21 '09

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Cool...I've included you as "In" in the updated list..:biggthump

...Hey, did your brother get a replacement for the BII???

hahahaha. no. he drives my 98 chevy s10 :thumbdwn: and he even gets to drive my mercury when i need to borrow my own s10 to move my motorcycles around :thumbdwn:

I think I am in. I know I have not made any runs with you guys but this will be my last summer here in cali. Looking to having a good one! Just need to know dates!

....Keep an eye on the first post of this thread, as it has the tentative dates and other info..;)

...It is currently showing June 19-20-21 as the date and so far, it looks to be a good date for the trip...

Will do! Thanks!

This will be my first time out with you guys. What is some good things to bring? I have been to pismo before but that was before I put the lift and new tires on. I have not spent the night there either.
Thanks!

:troops: :bdrunk:

...Lumpia is always good to bring to Pismo...:D

...Are you 4x4 or 4x2??..If you are 4x2 or 4x4, it is wise to have recovery points front and rear in case you need strapped...A tire gauge comes in handy too... as well as a compressor but there is air down the street...

...If you are going to be driving on the dunes, a flag and a C.B. come in real handy...Flags you can buy out there with mounts for about 20-25 bucks..:scratch:

...Some people with 4x2's find a place to park outside and we shuttle them in...

...Bring what you need to camp and there are no showers there...Some people pitch tents..Bring cold and warm weather stuff...It could be cold and damp or sunny...Firewood is cool as we do have campfires....Bring plenty of snacks and beverages for yourself...

...We haven't had enough people check in yet but we could do a Saturday night dinner at the campfire...:dunno:

...I am sure others will chime in but the most important thing is to show up enjoy...It's pretty laid back but there is usually always something going on...:biggthump

pretty sure it wont be a busy weekend, but any of you guys wanna send me money so that i can reserve a camping ticket for anybody? if i remember right, its like 8 or 10 bucks a vehicle?

...That might be very useful, thank you...:biggthump

...What all info would you need???..and how do you want the money sent??..:scratch:

$10 per night/$70 per week
Name
address?
Plate number ?

...I was looking at the registration site and they only have 800+ spaces left so it might be worth paying in advance now in case there is something going on...;)

...4th of July weekend is already booked..:rolleyes:

Thank you for the info. I will talk to some of my friends wife and see if she can make me a batch of lumpia. I should be attending. Just depending on if I have duty that weekend. I shouldn't but who knows.

...I am hoping you are going to make it and it may be wise to pre-pay for camping...We have gone up there before and it was sold out due to some special group thing..:rolleyes:

..I also included a link in the first post to the info for the park..;)

well i think i can make it but every time i go down there anymore i get kicked off the beach

and also for all with 4x2 if you want to drive out on the beach air the rear tires at 4 to 6 psi and the front 10 to 12 psi i do it all the time as to not use my 4x4. and if anyone wants to i know all of the offroad mountain trails in the central coast

well i think i can make it but every time i go down there anymore i get kicked off the beach

...:scratch:..I'm not sure how to reply to that comment...

...We go up to Pismo to have a good time and to enjoy meeting with the other members and their guest...

...Two months and counting...:D

...What's the dealio??..You have plenty of time and there aren't going to be any fires this year...:rolleyes:

make reservations on reserveamerica.com and look for oceano dunes. Always good to make reservations before you go to make sure you can get in. And 4x2...just drive smart, air down, and you should do just fine. Just no hill climbing or anything stupid. With that said...

there is a group of about 10/12 trucks (4 long travel explorers) heading out the weekend before. Not to take anyone away from the origional dates, but if you you CANT make those, try the weekend before. It should be a good time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...After the last two post, I guess I'll be up there by myself..:rolleyes:

Back