Return from Truckhaven Jan. 08

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Yeah seriously.. and did Burns make it out okay?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you guys have fun out there, and be safe.:thumbsup: Wish I could be there.;)

I like how you post it late in the day, odds are we won't know till Monday.

I wish i could be out there right now, single digits is no fun. O well i'll just entertain myself by watching movies and video games :thumbsup:

They made it late last night.

A few pics from today
DSC00394.JPG
DSC00403.JPG
DSC00405.JPG
DSC00419.JPG

more
100_3286.jpg
100_3294.jpg
100_3300.jpg
100_3317.jpg

more

more
P1000038.jpg
P1000042.jpg
P1000044.jpg

more
DSC_0036.jpg
DSC_0051.jpg

more
DSC00785.jpg
DSC00796.jpg
DSC00781.jpg
DSC00783.jpg

so joe busted a hub.b which is the same wheel he took out a cv on in the his last time out

I see Matt trid CJ hill again, but did he make it? Or did Tom just go right up it to show off:p:

And I see Ted is getting a little hairy there:D

I was denied at cj hill again. I got close but not quite. I need a rear locker and some front shocks might help as well. However there were three from our group that did make it. There were also three broken dana 35 hubs and at least one axle shaft that spit a cap. I will let them spill it when they get home. It was great seeing some old timers that haven't been around much and to meet some new guys.

The potluck dinner was great as well. Tri tip, sausage, quiche, salad, cake, chips, fruit, veggies, beans, and more. I'm not sure how the peach cobiller turned out. They were digging it out from under the Christmas trees that went on the fire when I left.

It was also great to meet Burns from back east. I swear he sounds just like Gerald when he talks.

Good times wish I could have stayed longer.

I really wish I had the money to make it out there this time but it is kinda hard when you are BROKE.:mad::(:rolleyes:

Looks like you guys are having a blast!

What happened with Colin and the Park Ranger??

...i just got back in and i must say, never a dull moment at truck haven....i will be posting some pics in a bit...

...we had a few good strappings including one truck strapped to another which was winching a truck from the top of the cliff on sideshow bob's hill...this had to be set up and done a few times...:D
...don't worry maniac, your record time is still the best but it was missed being outdone by mere minutes...;)

...i don't know where he got such a foolish idea to climb that hill...:p:

Oh what no 3 vehicle break downs on the last day? :D

......as for my personal carnage, 1 right rotor and 1-drivers side u-joint after the trail...:rolleyes:...with some help of brother of jeffe and db1 for u-joints, bkennedy's welder and kevins welding skill it was ready to go before dinner and it made the night run...thanks a lot guys for the help...:salute:

...a little commentary for the pic below....rangerX was the trail leader of the not big dogs run and 90ranajo and i rode the rear....90ranajo seen a hill he wanted to climb and i asked bill if he wanted to run it...he said no but your truck can make it, with a big ol rangerX grin...:D
...90ranajo ran up it and turned back onto the road...i ran it up and got the ol lightbulb and said, that wasn't that bad, i'll take it back down...:rolleyes:
...what you can't see is jeffe (whom was riding with bill), watching from above the drivers door looking down, my left rear tire fully stuffed, my left front not close to landing, and out of the silence jeffe says, your in the wall, past tense...needless to say i didn't get a scratch...the thing is, i knew i was going over too....but it's all good...:thumbsup:

...and i actually thought this was the official explorer forum wave...:scratch:

Oh what no 3 vehicle break downs on the last day? :D

...lol, it's not the last day and a few of us came home for work tomorrow...we did do a sunday morning breakfast run thru the wash with only 4 vehicles this time and sorry,no carnage...:(
...but there is still today's and tomorrow's run's for the rest who stayed so stay tuned...:D

Replies moved from Discussion thread to here as requested!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So I made it home safe and sound, and have to say that this was my best trip to T-haven yet.
It was great being able to meet some more old timers as well as being able to now place a face with a name for the rest that I hadn't physically met before.

I'm proud to report that my new locker worked great, and thankfully my truck made it through the weekend with only a couple of new dings, and the traditional T-haven scratch.

I just never would've thought that it would take me just over 2 hrs, and help from 2 other trucks to only go a few hundred feet...:eek:...unfortunately I don't have pics of that so these will have to do...:p:
th3.jpg
th2.jpg
th1.jpg
th4.jpg

Back