Boomin's getting a sex change | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Boomin's getting a sex change

Boomin's getting a sex change *PICS*

Haha guy well here we go. This weekend I will take the last pics of the truck lowered. I have decided that it is the best for me to lift my truck for 2 reasons. 1 is that it will slow me down some hopefully and 2 is that noone really has done what I am doing to a mountaineer. What my plans are:

Suspention:
-3'' lift spindles
-3'' TT by flipping and rotating the adjuster w/stock bolts
-SOA in rear possibly with shackles

Body:
-3'' body
-3'' Fiberglass fenders

Tires:
-15x10 wheels
-35x12.50 Mt's

I will be posting pics of the progress. This monday/tuesday I am doing the TT and SOA with monoleafs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What i dont understand is this- how the hell did you get the front higher than the back? Ive got spindles, TT maxed out and spring over in the rear and the front is lower than the rear. It looks like yours is 3" taller than mine in the front. Am i missing something?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Looks like its even to me.. Chris get a tape measure on it for us.. it may be my eyes that are going bad.

james t said:
What i dont understand is this- how the hell did you get the front higher than the back? Ive got spindles, TT maxed out and spring over in the rear and the front is lower than the rear. It looks like yours is 3" taller than mine in the front. Am i missing something?

All get the yard stick out later.

-TT bolts are maxed out and removed front swaybar. Thats it. I need to lower it some because the camber is a little off / \.

Damn, i guess my front is bent downward or something. :p Really, the front would have to come up a good 1.5" just to get it to sit level.

i bet your adjuster pads are worn. every explorer i have seen is

"I am starting to think about skipping the body lift and getting perrys fenders and saying the hell with it."

Pure genious right there :)

:hammer:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 367
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 605
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 422

Is that your boyfriend? :D Looks good man.

Section, why do YOU keep posting all of his pics??

Cause his dumb ass is at the Shack and he can't resize them. So he IMs me these 4MB pics (usually worthless ones) and I make them internet happy.

funny ***, very funny

Yeah, umm, who's the *** again? :D
attachment.php

Oh, and just go with Perry's. You need to replace that Fender anyway (or get it painted).

only reason I want to do the body lift is to put my steps back on.

man thats nice

attachment.php

...everybody must get stoned.

thumbs uppp

boominXplorer said:
only reason I want to do the body lift is to put my steps back on.

Why would the body lift affect that?

right now the front tires barely rub the corner of the fender on bumps. the steps stick inside the wheel well about 3/4'' in

are they the factory steps cause had the same problem with my steps... dd you take them off specifically cause of this?

davidmmm69 said:
are they the factory steps cause had the same problem with my steps... dd you take them off specifically cause of this?
yeah they rub like crazy with the steps on

Back