Return from Mudhaven run Jan 2010 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Mudhaven run Jan 2010

Me on mudd hill
Truckhaven_6_.jpg

Joe and my Dad
Truckhaven_7_.jpg

Group Shot
Truckhaven_8_.jpg

Joe
Truckhaven_9_.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wheelie!

Very Deep Mud

Glad we didn't camp off Marina Drive. This is where we usually camp. It was slime.

Matt with flat

Cyber on Truckhaven Road, day two.

Grant on Truckhaven Road

17 Palm Spring

cyber needs to invest in a 5 gallon jerry can.

The funny part is his rear bumper already has the mount for it. I kept the can when I sold him the bumper though. :dunno:

well i had one on the back of it for while after i got the bumper on.

but took it off cause i was afraid someone would think there was gas in it and steal it

then of course i lost my job and then lost my storage unit :(

eh well i will get another one soon i think plus i need to look into a better battery the one i have in there now SUCKS :fire:

Dual battery setup time buddy..

pics.. dialup beware

Got home last night about midnight. Thats 5 days of camping with 1 great day of wheeling.. Only 2 days were wet camping..

Only carnage was new bends and twists on the high lift jack, which I think is terminal and I managed to rip off the cb antenna mount. Since it had its own ground wire it still worked, even when lying across the bumper.

The new arms worked great.. and I had no issues with the c-clip eliminator on the front. Now I need to modify the upper buckets to allow the front spring to pull out of their pockets so I can get more droop.

Here is a temp link to the pics my friend "Rick" took..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenesmusphyre/sets/72157623165297863/

Some of the pics...

Flex...
4306594337_7833a10891_b.jpg

4306599393_02f37ae7a5_b.jpg

Jack has seen better days.. I don't think I can straighten it out anymore.
4307365082_9680cc504d.jpg

tight fit..
4307351902_5a8a499aa0_b.jpg

Trail repair at its finest..
4307362654_3aca119468_b.jpg

4306555657_cb845e1a42_b.jpg

4306560433_872939aa1a_b.jpg

4307320198_7c2ff440ee_b.jpg

4307292724_ae704a41f0_b.jpg

Houston.. We have a problem..
4306590135_21a9a2ae12_b.jpg

~Mark

FYI, you can get a new bar from Hi-lift. It looks to be about $22 for the 48" one.

FYI, you can get a new bar from Hi-lift. It looks to be about $22 for the 48" one.
And when you get a new one, find a new mounting spot!

By the way, what the hell did Matt hit to lose a bead? Was there a hidden rock in that ditch?

I was straddling the rut down the middle when the bank on the driver side gave way and the truck dropped about 2 feet. and the tire fell off the bead. I probably could have backed out of the hole on my own but I didn't want to take the chance of ruining the tire. These tires and wheels do not seem to hold a bead very well.

Did Dave ever sell his Stauns? I know they were for a 17" rim. I'm sure he'd cut you a nice deal Matt.;)

My Turn :D

Good Morning Truckhaven
DCFC0249.jpg

would not have to wander too far to find snow
DCFC0250.jpg

Think Grant was having a tough time here :dunno:
DCFC0253.jpg

My new carnage
DCFC0256.jpg

how about this for soil erosion?
DCFC0260.jpg

Rockranger checking the trail ahead
DCFC0261.jpg

Rockranger helping a stranded Sammy
DCFC0269.jpg

Jobunn having fun in the mud
DCFC0271.jpg

BKennedy in the ditches
DCFC0275.jpg

Maniak on the way up
DCFC0280.jpg

rest of the photos are here
http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj97/Cybergasm_photos/truckhaven jan 2010/

My Turn :D

Think Grant was having a tough time here :dunno:
DCFC0253.jpg

hahahaha yeah the one place i got stuck :rolleyes: shoulda gone a little to the left.... I still think i did pretty good with both swaybars on!

Still has them. I are broke though.

Well... there doing anything sitting a box!!!:p: Besides Dave knows your good for them;)

But yeah...I know about the broke thing:(

Mildly off-topic and thread-jacking:

As "Maniak's friend", thanks to Dave, Dave, Matt, and... uhh.. everybody else... that helped out with my emergency. Everything ended up OK, although there was a.... ummm.. "body mod" made. ;)

As "Maniak's friend", thanks to Dave, Dave, Matt, and... uhh.. everybody else... that helped out with my emergency. Everything ended up OK, although there was a.... ummm.. "body mod" made. ;)

Glad to hear that...great pics by the way, I used one as my new avatar:thumbsup:

Glad to hear that :thumbsup:

So we need get one of these for dave now?:p:

800px-Lightbar_Led.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back