Truck Haven Jan 16-18 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

I too completed my repairs this past weekend. Nothing too serious... just a broken leaf spring and destroyed front end links. The dent in the gas tank, bent running boards, and smashed rear cats are no biggies.

10940558_10204869235704805_1415115142131008226_n.jpg

10635998_10204870833064738_4435549857374308931_n.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Things have been hectic since the TruckHaven weekend. Rick posted this great photo of Chris and I driving through one of our adventures. It was taken on Saturday about the same time that my father in law, Chris's grandpa, passed away from a long battle with cancer. Couldn't help but think by the view that was him doing a fly by to check on us. Since arriving in New Mexico to help my mother in law and other family members there one of the failing uncles also passed away. Don't be sad for us as both were timely blessings.

Now I don't want you to think that this was a wimpy weekend at TruckHaven, although some of the usual players were missing, and that my daily driver went totally unscathed. I did rip off the right Tupperware and put a nice dent in the rocker panel. On the drive home we noticed a weird vibration when the transmission would shift. Found out that it was a simple fix that we had bent up the skid plate which was making contact with the transfer case balance thingie (My Technical term). I also tore up the rubber bushings of the front stabilizer bar connectors. Fortunately Chris still had the new ones I had bought for his explorer that he never installed before he sold it. So I was able to make those two repairs before I left town. The front skid plate did live up to its investment and earned a worthy new coating of paint. I reinstalled the bumper lower valance and fog lights. Boy I was glad I remembered to take them off before the trip.
While I have been gone I ordered the needed rocker clips and when I return from New Mexico I will complete the repairs to install the Tupperware and will be ready for the next time.

Thank you to everyone there for making this a great trip.:chug::salute:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 256

I hope to be out there next year, it looks like a ton of fun. We just moved out to California from NM so its only a little over four hours south of us.

Back