Burns SAS thread | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Burns SAS thread

Well as a few of you know my X was messeed up a bit due to a accident. so i have been looking for a new plan.
i have my axles (d44/ford9") all i need is to choose what i am gonna do.
i was thinking about thiS:
In the front i plan to use whild horse 5.5 inch coils,
1005_cut.jpg

for radius arms i plan to use this.
1425LO~1.jpg

they are 12 inches longer that the stock radius arms.i have the whole frame from a 78 f-150 that i plan to get the coil buckets and steering off of.
i want to use a 37 inch tire and use 4.88 gears
i dont see a problem with any of this so i need some info to see if i have missed anything

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

thats sick burns. Are your tires rubbing in the rear when you were flexed?

they will when flexed out and on a hard turn other than that no. froader how is your rear end set up and if i get more out of the rear i should get more out of the front right. and i like up picture lol iv noticed a few changes in the last hour.

edit: the rear does not rub my bad didnt see the rear part

Burns said:
if i get more out of the rear i should get more out of the front right.
Not necessarily. If you look any 2nd gen, you'll see that the front doesn't flex, so the rear has to do all of it. As soon as you fix that front end (allow it to flex), the front will take some of the flex that the rear had. Does that make sense?

For the best flex wether it's a little or a crap load, you want to try and get the front and rear to match each other. I'm going to mix and match two sets of stock springs as soon as I have time. I still have the leafs from my old X.

i want more flex and im gonna get rid of the blocks first. i think. or is there another way to achive more flex.

some more pics

the first two are from that car show that i went to.
slammin.jpg

slammin2.jpg

my mom, myself, and now my dad have the same type explorer
dads2.jpg

dads1.jpg

im gettin ready to build my own it is really simple

i went and got my shocks and they sent the wrong size. the main body of the shock it almost to big to fit in at ride heigth. now im gonna have to run no shocks on the front of the x a badlands

the tires nicked the finders on a full flex with the wheel turned. but i took the hammer that sat and beat that part back that rubed. it has not rubbed since. :thumbsup: the trip was so good. i want lockers since i had trouble on two hills. the only quirk i found was that i need second gear and u need to keep a spair powersteering pump fluid cap. i also am gonna go to a re arched rear spring

ok here is what i want to do. i have a perfectly good light bar that has about 11 lights in it.
light1.jpg

ok but i want to paint it. so i want to do this.
tennesseestatetrooper-explorer.jpg

every stripe the same but with out the tennesse and state. where it says state trooper i want it to say trail trooper. that way they cant say i am replicating a state trooper. but i think it will be really cool lol :confused: what is anyones thought on this???

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the police department is not going to like that.

j602 said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the police department is not going to like that.

ya....x2 on that.

i think its a cool idea. my uncle did something similair with a old highway patrol car. painted it and striped it just like highway patrol... put lights on it and put "HOOTER PATROL" stickers on it. he had no problems around here as he knows all the cops but he took it to houston once and got pulled over a couple times. i think you'd be hassled about it...

well it does not bother me to be hassled about it lol

ahhh, don't really like it, but that my opinion :rolleyes:

I still like my JP idea :D

Back