Truck Haven Jan 16-18 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

The Pumpkin will be sporting a new look. Going hatchless until I can get a snap in canvas cover made for it.

The old hatch was screwed up from catching the upper edge on the trail and pulling it away from the body. The handle on the gate stopped functioning today, and that was the last straw... I'll hang it up in the back garage as wall art :D

I need to add a 3rd brake light now...

Rick a Ranger tailgate fits perfect, you just have to get the latch pins and the hinge in the right spots.

rangate2.jpg

I have spare 2nd Gen LED 3rd brake lights if you want one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hmmm, thanks for the idea Steve! I like the idea of having a bench back there!

Hmmm, thanks for the idea Steve! I like the idea of having a bench back there!

If you can find a tailgate, I have all the body hardware I'll give you. ;)

If you can find a tailgate, I have all the body hardware I'll give you. ;)

If you can send it with Norm and Sue that would be great. I'll find a gate around here.:thumbsup:

Probably will not see them before they head down there :(

No problem Steve. I'm not in any hurry.

----------------

I almost forgot, there hasn't been any discussion of a pot luck yet. Should we bring the Kugle as usual??

Rick and Char
Maniak
danielwilsey
Demo1986
Ritsui - probably
DB-1 - Maybe
FR-425
DaExplorer
jobunn

...Bump me to Doubtful..:(

Explorer is down needing heads and gaskets so hoping to do that before Moab...

I've been flogging the Ranger as a work truck, highway traveller, and a chase vehicle..

:( Really hope you can make it... but wouldn't ask you to wheel your work truck, so how about bring the Ranger, park it and RIDE ALONG :)

Hope everyone else who can go will and if anyone is on the fence... just imagine what gas prices might be in a few months.

So I finally got over the new car (caviar, four star) daydream, decided the Tacoma isn't that special and spent a belated few hours quality time in the garage with the Explorer.

End result was hacking a roll of dirt cheap eBay 5630 LEDs, some 3M auto tape and (drum roll...) FISH TANK HOSE ! ! into . . .

under-hood lighting :
ef_lights_hood.jpg

and

front rock lights!
ef_lights_rock.jpg

Rock lights are 5630 strips cut to size, stuffed into aquarium tubing and sealed with silicon! Ridiculously cheap and 100% waterproof.

Night run anyone?

...Bump me to Doubtful..:(

Explorer is down needing heads and gaskets so hoping to do that before Moab...

I've been flogging the Ranger as a work truck, highway traveller, and a chase vehicle..

Come out anyway.. There are plenty of empty seats....

Ritsui said:
Night run anyone?

Always.. I love the night runs... They make everything look so much different...

~Mark

I'm out. I just found out yesterday that my parents are coming down from Oregon for my birthday.

Coming out Friday morning sometime. Been sick the past week so I hope I'm on the down side of it. Still haven't got a spare for the ranger so I'll be in the DD, at least I can bring out more firewood:D

...:scratch:..Dave ..what's that say in your signature? My eyes must be failing. :eek:

Participating in the Truck Haven tree recycling program this weekend
10917336_10204786088026165_3923425467514639626_n.jpg

Participating in the Truck Haven tree recycling program this weekend
10917336_10204786088026165_3923425467514639626_n.jpg

I still see empty space, there are plenty more around the neighborhood I'm sure;)

As soon as we pick up the motor home, this is going in the storage compartment, don't want a tree on the roof for 150 miles. Not much room in the camper for more trees otherwise I would go shopping for a bunch

Ran to OC this morning to get a tire so the ranger is back in business. It's a 37" well worn General but perfect for a spare. See you guys out there Friday morning sometime :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is potluck happening? Side dishes? I know list time it was an everything type deal, just want to make sure so i can plan accordingly.

Back