Boomin's getting a sex change | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Boomin's getting a sex change

Boomin's getting a sex change *PICS*

Haha guy well here we go. This weekend I will take the last pics of the truck lowered. I have decided that it is the best for me to lift my truck for 2 reasons. 1 is that it will slow me down some hopefully and 2 is that noone really has done what I am doing to a mountaineer. What my plans are:

Suspention:
-3'' lift spindles
-3'' TT by flipping and rotating the adjuster w/stock bolts
-SOA in rear possibly with shackles

Body:
-3'' body
-3'' Fiberglass fenders

Tires:
-15x10 wheels
-35x12.50 Mt's

I will be posting pics of the progress. This monday/tuesday I am doing the TT and SOA with monoleafs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SOA is about sone, few tweeks needed:

12558IMG_0055-med.jpg

12558IMG_0059-med.jpg

12558IMG_0056-med.jpg

12558IMG_0061-med.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

looks great look atmine the oter way fronts done and without the rear done...

looks awesone and i think you will clear 35.s i sure will

Attachments

• lift (22).jpg
    lift (22).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 637
  • lift front only done.jpg
    lift front only done.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 643

This is a big mistake but hey its not my truck. Have fun!

Chris, looks good. I like those cobra R's on it. Now try and go do all those burn-outs that you are famous for. ;) Can't wait to see it done.

-Drew

When I get my spindles, and use all the TT I might have to shackle or AAL the rear to make sit level.

whoa you should leave it all cracked out lookin like that

put like 33"s in the back and keep the lil tires upfront all with the white cobra

boominXplorer said:
When I get my spindles, and use all the TT I might have to shackle or AAL the rear to make sit level.

maybe not because on mine i have tt all the way up right now. and the rear is the long shackles and 2 add a leafs on each side and the back still sits lower.. makes me wonder if i should have done SOA,

boomin how difficult was it for you to do the SOA. how long and what was the toughest part of it ...
I have the spring perches I bought off of someone here already.

could i taje them to a place now and get them welded on just exactly like they are on the axle now just the top. and keep the angle the same...
what about the drive shaft any [roblem there but then again yours is shorter right cause i believe you still have a transfer case??

on the first picture from looking at the front wheel on the inside the spindle is too close to the loer control arm.. I should have taken the grinder to it a little bit. as my turning radius is not what it was can not take a sharp a turn now..

you can see the 2 new leafs in each pack.. i might be willing to take these out or maybe just one and lower or remove the shackles and the SOA might be perfect..
i think if i keep the tt the height it is now I might have to do something to the back I will need to keep the front as it is to fit the 35's if in fact i go with them..

Attachments

• lift inside wheel 1.jpg
    lift inside wheel 1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 618
  • lift rear shot new.jpg
    lift rear shot new.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 611
  • lift rear new.jpg
    lift rear new.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 626

boomn do you have a close up of you new set up??? curious to see the close up of stuff like spring perches and how they look welded..

nothing is welded yet. Im still trying to set the pinion angle perfect to my spec's. I'm not likeing my current SOA setup. Im going to change it tomorrow with square u-bolts, change the placeing of the shock and reroute the brake lines. I'll get better pics then.

Do you have a job? Or do you just freeball around all the time with some rich girlfriend?

Section: I sell my body

That is a strait piped grand marquis with rear teardrops with 255/70r15 rubber. Its me and my roomie's beater. Under the car cover is a 88 stang with some goodies getting put in

i like. i lived in VB for 4 and a half years and never once recall seing a big gen 2 X, let alone a mounty. looks real good man!

there is 3 other that I know personally and that belong to the forum. I think I ahve seen like 2 other running around too

Your neighbors probably think you sniffing glue or something. :)

FROADER said:
Is that a Crown Vic or an LTD with stock Ex wheels on it?

12558IMG_0059-med.jpg
Good call, i didn;t even see that. Anyways good choice on lifting it, you'll love the weather up here

terdrocket said:
Your neighbors probably think you sniffing glue or something. :)

We are the youngest around in the community. They think we are all stoners (we are but still)

Back