Pismo Beach '08 Part 1 | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pismo Beach '08 Part 1

so what happened? i talked to white96x the other day and he said no one showed up to the meet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

R.J. said he pm'd him his number, and so did i and he never called. so it was just me, R.J., Justin and my girl Sarah.

yeah we talked, and we were planning on crashing the party sunday, but then he told me he wasnt gonna be in town and i had to work and go to a wedding sunday :(

how was it though? did u guys end up camping? what happened to mounty71(matt)? did he show up

yeah we talked, and we were planning on crashing the party sunday, but then he told me he wasnt gonna be in town and i had to work and go to a wedding sunday :(

how was it though? did u guys end up camping? what happened to mounty71(matt)? did he show up

What's up arvin! I'm in europe till mid-july so i didn't go. But i'll be at the next one for sure. Can't wait!!

it's about time

here's all the pics a took of the weekend

the dunes
PISMOJUNE08026.jpg

campers
PISMOJUNE08025.jpg

our camp (my tent blown down by the wind)
PISMOJUNE08015.jpg

the wind had its way with our tent
PISMOJUNE08014.jpg

after the wind died and we set the tent back up
PISMOJUNE08016.jpg

a pic from inside the tent. you can also see my shocks sittin on the ground :rolleyes:
PISMOJUNE08017.jpg

oooo baby baby
PISMOJUNE08018.jpg

PISMOJUNE08019.jpg

PISMOJUNE08020.jpg

bad ass tundra we were drivin around with
PISMOJUNE08010.jpg

PISMOJUNE08011.jpg

PISMOJUNE08012.jpg

picked up justin's 4runner saturday night and returned to see life guard stuck at camp
PISMOJUNE08006.jpg

PISMOJUNE08005.jpg

PISMOJUNE08001.jpg

PISMOJUNE08002.jpg

PISMOJUNE08003.jpg

PISMOJUNE08004.jpg

PISMOJUNE08007.jpg

sunday morning we and lifeguard got stuck again. i think i got stuck like 3 times sunday morning. all within like ten feet of camp
PISMOJUNE08021.jpg

PISMOJUNE08022.jpg

PISMOJUNE08023.jpg

PISMOJUNE08024.jpg

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick
PISMOJUNE08027.jpg

WOW!!!! i never saw how much sand wasin your tent lol. geez

hehe thats a ridiculous amount of sand in your tent!! lol. whatsup matt!!! hey did u guys air down your tires? i thought you guys were 4wd. i'll show up next time for sure, gas sux.... hehe i live ten miles away. :)

i WAS 4wd, until about 10 minutes of driving and i broke an axle :confused:

the sand was really harsh on us all weekend. i've never known sand to be so problematic :rolleyes:

i was aired down to 12 psi and locked in the rear. when it was on top of the sand and away from camp, it did real well. some people still thought i was in 4wd. but once i'd get to camp, i'd sink :eek:

lol so was i, till i blew up a hub. and i think i was at maybe 10 psi

New hubs just got hear today. :D:thumbsup:Warn premium hubs

i HATE! sand. turns out it wasn't the hubs that i broke. it was this.:rolleyes::eek:

100_2842.jpg

100_2847.jpg

was going to just put a locker in, till i saw it got the slinger to.
100_2839.jpg

I wish I coulda made it out to this run. I've been so busy with work now. The computer's been down about the last 3 weeks so I havent even been able to get on here. Nice 4runner, I saw you guys at the bank last week. You commented on my truck, but I didn't know you guys were ef members. Hopefully I'll be making it out to the next run. Depends on where the gas prices go and if I can take the time off work. :cool:

haha you figured out it was us! ;)

wow, sorry to hear about that lifeguard :(

o well it hapins lol

found out in another thread i should check the pattern and put in the spider from my other case and it should be good.

So who's up for Pismo again August 22-24?

RJ? Mr. Justin? Ted?

...I won't know until that week...:dunno:

yah maybe! i need a new clutch though...hopefully next week sometime
but sounds good to me

im out on anything for the next year or so. The explorer is undergoing some major transformations in the next few months. When its done it will see dirt again...

Not even just one final run before the ex goes under the knife in november?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not even just one final run before the ex goes under the knife in november?

well it might be possible. just depends on what weekend it goes for the rear. still taking measurements and everything but it till be linked with cantilever coilovers for sure. but i start caging it myself in a few weeks....

Back