California End of Summer Run 2! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

California End of Summer Run 2!

It looks like they are allowing campfires with permit same as last year.

We're going to run Swamp the same direction as last year right? I really don't feel like driving down Rooster Rock :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BKennedy said:
Anyone know about fire restrictions up there??

Tahoe/Sierra has them in effect, so I'd assume it's the same down there.

I haven't decided what to do - I can't leave early on Friday, so it's a late arrival. I'll think on it this weekend, when I see what I get done around here.

Stic-o said:
It looks like they are allowing campfires with permit same as last year.

We're going to run Swamp the same direction as last year right? I really don't feel like driving down Rooster Rock :(
I agree. Who was that that slid down it backwards with all four wheels spinning, trying to go up it??

BKennedy said:
I agree. Who was that that slid down it backwards with all four wheels spinning, trying to go up it??

:D but I have a locker now

Here is a Trailer I made for the movie, I havn't even shot yet :confused:

End of Summer Run 2 Trailer

That was good Stic-o. I'm don't think I'm going to make it No word on the ETA of the new locker yet... :(

Cool trailer, makes me want to go. But I really doubt I will make it.

Stic-o said:
Tom Come on down! We'd love to have ya. ;)

I just realized something, so don't expect me.

I forgot all about the clutch cable being bad, and I haven't done anything to fix it. I was planning on doing that when I did the engine swap.

Have fun guys!

tdavis said:
I forgot all about the clutch cable being bad, and I haven't done anything to fix it. I was planning on doing that when I did the engine swap.
What, you don't trust the duct tape and zip ties??? :confused:

I still haven't heard anything from Bowtie on when my transmission will be ready, so I'm out also. Need to talk to John to see if we'll come up in his rig.

So its down to:
Bkenndy
Goliath
Stic-o

Maybe
Brother of Jefe
Ford4x4Addict
jobunn

after 6 pages thats it? dang! maybe I'll see how far from chico it is ;)

woah 300 miles is a bit too much for me with school startin :eek:

probly see you guys at t-haven tho :)

Jefe said:

I still haven't heard anything from Bowtie on when my transmission will be ready, so I'm out also. Need to talk to John to see if we'll come up in his rig.

So its down to:
Bkenndy
Goliath
Stic-o

Maybe
Brother of Jefe
Ford4x4Addict
jobunn

Well that Sucks! :mad: I don't want to go all the way up there for 3 trucks! I busted my ass till 9:30 tonight getting my sliders done. :mad:

You guys can come up and ride along you know? :rolleyes:

Man, this sucks.
Jefe get your brother to let you ride in the passenger seat.
Come on Vibes, you can make it!
You too Jo!

BKennedy said:
Man, this sucks.
Jefe get your brother to let you ride in the passenger seat.
Come on Vibes, you can make it!
You too Jo!

Brian, I tinking if it's 3 trucks :rolleyes: Maybe we should just take it easy, There are plenty of other trails we havn't touched up there. Just go up there and enjoy our selfs. I don't let me know what you think. :rolleyes:

Stic-o said:
..........Maybe we should just take it easy.........
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, WHAT!!??
Now my Wife has decided she can't miss her class and isn't going with us, so it's just Sarah and me again. She is hoping I will change my mind and go camping at a local beach instead with my folks.

Jefe said:

Just because it worked, does not mean I trust it...

For those wondering what's wrong with the zuk: The cable sheath blew apart on the Rubicon trip on the way out from Buck Island Lake. So I ducted taped the sheath back together, and then used zip ties to give some rigidity. It held fine, and appears to be still working.. I just don't know how much longer it will hold, and I still need to find another one (either dealer or vendor)

tdavis said:
Just because it worked, does not mean I trust it...

For those wondering what's wrong with the zuk: The cable sheath blew apart on the Rubicon trip on the way out from Buck Island Lake. So I ducted taped the sheath back together, and then used zip ties to give some rigidity. It held fine, and appears to be still working.. I just don't know how much longer it will hold, and I still need to find another one (either dealer or vendor)

Im not so sure i understand the big issue? there were 14 dead zuks at the wrecking yard in pittsburg last weekend? get one for the zuk, and another for a spare? or is the cable non standard(custom)?

-joshua

Stic-o said:
Well that Sucks! :mad: I don't want to go all the way up there for 3 trucks! I busted my ass till 9:30 tonight getting my sliders done. :mad:

You guys can come up and ride along you know? :rolleyes:

6 pages of advertising, and 3 truck willing to go. it looks like explorer wheeling in northern ca is dead. Swamp trail is hardcore, im not so sure its too bright to go with just 3 trucks. if something big breaks, none of us have onboard welders or winches. The trail is 14 miles of hard rock gardens. strapping a rig half that distance would destroy the tow vehicle and the rig being strapped. Just ask tom about golden spike trail in moab :roll: . just a thought.

-joshua

goliath said:
6 pages of advertising, and 3 truck willing to go. it looks like explorer wheeling in northern ca is dead. Swamp trail is hardcore, im not so sure its too bright to go with just 3 trucks. if something big breaks, none of us have onboard welders or winches. The trail is 14 miles of hard rock gardens. strapping a rig half that distance would destroy the tow vehicle and the rig being strapped. Just ask tom about golden spike trail in moab :roll: . just a thought.

-joshua
I have a winch with 150' of cable, a snatch block, some "D" shackles, a tree strap, and a piece of chain........ :p ;) .
So, are we going, or not? We could just can this whole trip and head up to Big Bear. :( Its alot closer to home for two out of three of us for some light wheelin'

Besides, how many vehicles ran the Swamp last year? I think it was four, with only one winch in the group and no welder among us.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BKennedy said:
Besides, how many vehicles ran the Swamp last year? I think it was four, with only one winch in the group and no welder among us.

You had a winch? i thought derrick had the only winch? my bad. im still willing to go if there is gonna be a winch with us.

-joshua

Back